What must you know before you get 'behind the wheel' of a shared service?
Click here to download a PDF of the full seminar content and timetable
Click here to view sets of evaluations from past delegates
Over 150 councils, FE, HE, fire, police and other organisations, have put over 600 of their leaders and senior managers through the Shared Service Architect’s programme of seminars. The Highway Code Seminar has been one of the most popular.
The reason is that many of the leaders and managers have been thrust into shared service activity without any formal training and have found themselves lacking knowledge in the legal issues that surround shared services. For example which legal entities can be used (eg limited company, joint committee, trusts, mutuals, etc), the impact of EU procurement law and data protection issues.
Using enjoyable, rapid learning techniques, this seminar will take you through the five steps in the Highway Code – the essential things you need to understand about the rules, regulations and statutes that you will encounter on the shared service journey. They are set out in the diagram below.
You will also be provided with a Highway Code Knowledge Bank Folder which contains all the seminar notes and will be topped up by a year’s subscription to Shared Service Architect’s Magazine with articles, case studies and reviews.
What is included with this seminar?
• 10 section knowledge binder containing full seminar notes and checklists
• points towards Shared Service Practitioner status
• 12 month subscription to Shared Service Architect's Magazine and its updates of the seminar notes
• access to the SSA online library of links to over 600 shared service documents
• CPD certificate, worth a potential £250 reduction in the fees of the Canterbury Christ Church University Postgraduate Certificate in Shared Services
The seminar can be delivered across a partnership, on the premises of your organisation at a reduced cost, or through open programmes with partners.
Other seminars available:
The Shared Service Architect's Toolbox
The Shared Service Architect's Business Case Toolbox
The Shared Service Architect's Innovation Toolbox